We believe in prosperity & opportunity, strong communities, healthy families, great schools, investing in our future and leading the world by example.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

I love libraries!

I stopped today at the Chesley Memorial Library in Northwood for their Open House.  I asked the librarians what I could do as a state representative for libraries, knowing that in some states the libraries are being cut way back.   Both of them told me that I should support the state library services to the town libraries, since they depend so much on interlibrary loans which are done through the state library to get the books that are requested by patrons that they don't have on their shelves.

In hard times, libraries are a great resource for all of us.  Here's a great link to ideas on how to save money using your public library.